FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Started a reverse flow almost done.... update (7/1/10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19 10 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comment of my uga-ly drum smoker. i'm very impressed with your craftsmanship, i have about 35 years fabricating & welding experiences. you say you're 21, well if you learned the trade that quickly you are way ahead of most that has been doing it longer than that. your torch cuts & welds look great. your engineering seems well planned. i recognize your beads are 6011 rods ,if you want smoother beads try 7014 for flat welds also 6012 or 6013 are good for out of position , they will all weld good with ac buzz box. keep up the good work , it really does look great!!
Derek00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19 10 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...great pics....i have been needing the two guys doin the welding some details of what i'm looking for inside the chamber and firebox...this will work great......similar to mine in size to. most of all great work....we are leaving on vacation in two days, but i would much rather be workin on my smoker!! ah well will have some more work and pic after next sat
roscoe1960
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21 10 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdn, thanks for the compliments, wish I could be 21 again for a short while that sure were some good ole days Laughing I'm 50 yrs. old, that in my signature is a figure of speech 21 and 29 is 50 just feel like I'm 21 Very Happy

And as for as welding skills I have none. Bouhgt the little buzz box yrs. back and taught myself, Iv'e always used 6011 didn't know any better just allways heard good on deep penatration and on rusty and painted metal. thanks for the info on the different rods. Sometimes I think maybe I should have learned the trade might have been decent at it. And on the torch cutting, learned how to use dismantling pumps and cutting scrap metal.

Derek00, I'm glad to be of some help, you might want to look at k.a.m.'s builds his pics really show good detail Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: