FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hungry today in Sacramento, Calif. Where to go for BBQ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkevenson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30 10 11:08 pm    Post subject: Hungry today in Sacramento, Calif. Where to go for BBQ? Reply with quote

The wife and I will be driving E on Hwy 50 at lunch time. Any recommendations for good BBQ in Sacramento area?

Mark

Mark's Kitchen and Smokin' BBQ
Chuckwagonbbqco

PostPosted: Sat May 01 10 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacramento has BBQ places---a few are chain restaurants and not what I consider great BBQ.

West Sacramento has Texas BBQ. Sacramento has Memphis BBQ, Lucilles is in Roseville. There is a small Ma n Pa place on Stockton Blvd in the not so good neighborhood that sells coffee and BBQ called "Cafe AuCreme" or something like that---the BBQ was good--cooked by an older balck gentleman in a homemade smoker---reminded me of days gone by when I was in the south. JR's BBQ is in South Sacramento.

Hwy 50 east of Sacramento has Back Forty BBQ right next to Hwy 5o in Shingle Springs which was not awesome in my book but I would eat there again. There is also Sierra Smokehouse BBQ in Cameron Park just off of Hwy 50. Sierra Smokehouse is great.

There is a Yuence BBQ on Folsom Blvd near Hwy 50 that I do not suggest.
If you want to look at BBQ gadgets and supplies go to Oak's Hardware in Fair Oaks.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 02 10 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep driving east & don't stop until you get to North Carolina.
mkevenson
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 03 10 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's. We do stop at Sierra Smokehouase in Cameron Park. Ed was there and was very pleasant along with his wife. We didn't get there till about 3pm. A little late for the first call out of the smoker. I ordered the large combo. Pulled Pork, Pulled brisket,(haven't seen brisket served pulled before), chicken and pork ribs, 4 sides, we did beans and slaw, corn bread. There was enough food for the wife and I for 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts. A lot of food for the buck. Thanks for your suggestions.

Mark

Mark's Kitchen and Smokin' BBQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: