FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick and good chicken thighs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31 06 2:19 am    Post subject: Quick and good chicken thighs Reply with quote

Last night I bought a package of chicken thighs. I washed them off and then injected each of them with about 1/4 to 1/2 oz of Frank's Hot Sauce. Then I rubbed them all with my dry rub. I threw them on my Weber kettle using indirect heat (I just stacked the coals on one side and put the chicken on the other). The temperature at the grate was 300*. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes for the pieces to reach 180* internally. They were very good for a quick and easy meal.
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31 06 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Quick and good chicken thighs Reply with quote

Frank19 wrote:
Last night I bought a package of chicken thighs. I washed them off and then injected each of them with about 1/4 to 1/2 oz of Frank's Hot Sauce. Then I rubbed them all with my dry rub. I threw them on my Weber kettle using indirect heat (I just stacked the coals on one side and put the chicken on the other). The temperature at the grate was 300*. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes for the pieces to reach 180* internally. They were very good for a quick and easy meal.

sounds good...I am going to have to work on my chicken recipe...
GOON'S BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31 06 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty damn similar to hopw I do my chicken thighs. I love them things. They are quick, cheap, and f'n yummy!

Tipsy Pig BBQ and Brewery
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31 06 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds pretty good................I have actually started to enjoy marinating my chicken in Cornell Sauce..............yum..........
Frank19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31 06 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the best part was how quick they are. I just got home from work and it took about 10 min of prep time. Then they sat on the grill for a little over an hour (I flipped them half way) and they were done. Also, b/c the thighs are so small I was thinking they would make a good appetiser for when I am spending the day slow cooking pork shoulders or beef brisket. It's a nice way to settle the crowd down when they are getting antsey for dinner and your meat is stuck around 160* Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: