FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wings - smoked in advance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foreleft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27 10 4:01 am    Post subject: Wings - smoked in advance? Reply with quote

I was thinking about doing some wings for a party this weekend and had thought about smoking them a couple days in advance and then throwing them on the grill the day of to crisp them up. Has anyone tried this method and did it work?

Most of my smoker space will be taken up by spares, some ABT's, and maybe a fatty...
BigMikeIA
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03 10 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built my UDS and smoked with it for the first time this weekend, and that's what I did, chicken wings and finished on the grill. It shouldn't be a problem crisping them on the grill a couple days later. I'd either lower the heat a bit, or pull the wings out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you put them on the heat, so they're heated through by the time they're crispy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: