FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buffalo Wings ?'s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatirishman53

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31 10 1:21 am    Post subject: Buffalo Wings ?'s Reply with quote

I just got done with my UDS and plan on testing it out with some buffalo wings (after I season the smoker, of course). Do you all have any suggestions for brine? Or is brining even necessary? What kind of rub works well?

If it helps, I plan on slathering them with 50/50 Franks and butter after.
Big Bears BBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31 10 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never found a need to brine my wings but as a test do half and half and see how it comes out.............
fatirishman53

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31 10 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bears BBQ wrote:
I've never found a need to brine my wings but as a test do half and half and see how it comes out.............

Great idea. If I can get more thawed in time, I'll defininately try both. However, if not, I used the bird brine recipe for Butt Rub. I'll let you know how it comes out.
fatirishman53

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02 10 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately I wasn't able to try brined and unbrined. However, the wife and neighbors loved them and one of my neighbors said he doesn't even like buffalo wings, but he liked these. At first I thought I had screwed them up (internal was 190 to 200), but they came out great. I had to dip them in some garlic parmesan dressing because I was out of blue cheese. Turns out they tasted better without dressing.

Let em simmer in the sauce mix for 20-30 min.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: