FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Lincoln vs. Miller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Welding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hell Fire Grill
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 3921
Location: Pickler's Puragatory!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16 10 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a newer miller 251 and a old lincoln weldanpower 225 (gas drive) here at the house. They have about the same output of 251/28v VV/60 % and 225/25v VV/100%. The old lincoln out performes the miller, it has more raw power at maximum out put, it starts better and has more even power output throughout the weld. The miller has some fancy arc stabilizer and voltage compensator but the lincoln still welds better. Maybe the flux capacitor or the vacume light homoginators arent calibrated correctly or something. I use the miller the most because its easy to use, it dont ROAR or drink gas.

At work I get a variety of machines to use rangeing anywhere from 110v migs, big trailerd welders to 6&8 pack electrics that run on 440v, to power my squirt gun (LN-25/passport). All brands and sizes depending on the task. I generaly get better performance from the lincoln products, the lincolns run smoother & start better (which is a big deal when your welding a 2" thick full pen weld that you might spend 3 days working on) so it has to be clean when your done. In heavy constuction, building large building and bridges etc. etc. lincoln is the industry standard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16 10 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HFG........Your Absolutely Right.......The BEST , NO BELLS OR Whistle........Let's Throw a Bead Down NOW!
Welder......Is A Lincoln!!
However .....They Kind of Run Off and Left The Little Guy's Like You and Me Out !
JM2CM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 3921
Location: Hobbs, NM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16 10 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erniesshop wrote:
Let's Throw a Bead Down NOW!


i say lets do it
_________________
Club Disco
Mrs. K.A.M. wrote:
Those are some of the best looking wieners I've ever seen Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star


Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 26012
Location: Southeast Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killswitch505 wrote:
erniesshop wrote:
Let's Throw a Bead Down NOW!


i say lets do it

Denny this isn't really fare unless the Lincoln boys go out and buy a true blue stick welder. Razz Laughing
_________________
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

Hybrid Cooker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonnyrod
BBQ Fan


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 253
Location: Pasadena, Tx.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you Miller boys are a tough bunch. Laughing All I can say is the bullsh**t stops when the hood drops. Very Happy
_________________
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42423

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62257

'A welder is only as good as his last weld'........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy's.....Boy's........
My Pipeliner Eats Blue Before Breakfast.......!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 3151
Location: Springfield MO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~~~~tiptoe ing through all this red BS in my Miller Blue Boots~~~~getting deep fast boys
_________________
X2 Finished Build
Disco Time
Fire Pit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tacklebox
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 07 Jul 2009
Posts: 1870
Location: Big Bend, WI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESAB
_________________
~Joe
This post is not intended to offend, unless I intend it to
Life is like a penis, some times it gets hard for no reason
Twisted Evil Pompous Ass Bigoted LIAR #69 Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feller's....As a young man....I can Remember this Welder On a farley New 65 Ford 1 Ton.....
My Dad....Grand pa... and a Guy ....I think his name was.....Well anyhow....ALL 3 of them with leads off of this welder.......Welding on 36" pipe in Shamrock Texas......for El Paso Natural Gas ????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jonnyrod
BBQ Fan


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 253
Location: Pasadena, Tx.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erniesshop wrote:
Feller's....As a young man....I can Remember this Welder On a farley New 65 Ford 1 Ton.....
My Dad....Grand pa... and a Guy ....I think his name was.....Well anyhow....ALL 3 of them with leads off of this welder.......Welding on 36" pipe in Shamrock Texas......for El Paso Natural Gas ????


Can't say as I have ever seen anything blue roll up on a pipeline job.......just sayin' Laughing
_________________
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42423

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62257

'A welder is only as good as his last weld'........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hell Fire Grill
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 3921
Location: Pickler's Puragatory!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller defined the word stick welding: the rod sticks every time you strike an arc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnyrod wrote:
erniesshop wrote:
Feller's....As a young man....I can Remember this Welder On a farley New 65 Ford 1 Ton.....
My Dad....Grand pa... and a Guy ....I think his name was.....Well anyhow....ALL 3 of them with leads off of this welder.......Welding on 36" pipe in Shamrock Texas......for El Paso Natural Gas ????


Can't say as I have ever seen anything blue roll up on a pipeline job.......just sayin' Laughing



Jon.........
Got Kind Quite ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 3921
Location: Hobbs, NM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite??? i would love to see an xray!!!
_________________
Club Disco
Mrs. K.A.M. wrote:
Those are some of the best looking wieners I've ever seen Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star


Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 26012
Location: Southeast Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Fire Grill wrote:
Miller defined the word stick welding: the rod sticks every time you strike an arc.

Ahhhh, that's cause y'all are used to those Lincolns where you have to drag the stick 3'' just to kick that old Perkins off idle. Laughing Now a Miller 250 bobcat is stick and go boys stick and go. Very Happy
_________________
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

Hybrid Cooker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killswitch505 wrote:
quite??? i would love to see an xray!!!


I don't think xray was Available Then.......
However ....
That Pipeline STILL is in use today!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 3921
Location: Hobbs, NM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="erniesshop"]
killswitch505 wrote:
I don't think xray was Available Then.......
However ....
That Pipeline STILL is in use today!


Holy $hit did he work on the Alaskan pipeline Shocked Very Happy
_________________
Club Disco
Mrs. K.A.M. wrote:
Those are some of the best looking wieners I've ever seen Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.a.m. wrote:
Hell Fire Grill wrote:
Miller defined the word stick welding: the rod sticks every time you strike an arc.

Ahhhh, that's cause y'all are used to those Lincolns where you have to drag the stick 3'' just to kick that old Perkins off idle. Laughing Now a Miller 250 bobcat is stick and go boys stick and go. Very Happy



Guess I'm Lucky......Mine runs a Continental.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="killswitch505"]
erniesshop wrote:
killswitch505 wrote:
I don't think xray was Available Then.......
However ....
That Pipeline STILL is in use today!


Holy $hit did he work on the Alaskan pipeline Shocked Very Happy



No....This Was Way Before the alASkan.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 3921
Location: Hobbs, NM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my little shop welder runs AC or DC rod it even has a liquid cooled TIG torch if i didn't already have a MIG machine i would have bought the MIG package for her. OH YEAH AND THE BEST THING IS SHE IS A PRETTY BLUE. try getting all that with a Lincoln
_________________
Club Disco
Mrs. K.A.M. wrote:
Those are some of the best looking wieners I've ever seen Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 2104
Location: Grants New Mexico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17 10 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killswitch505 wrote:
my little shop welder runs AC or DC rod it even has a liquid cooled TIG torch if i didn't already have a MIG machine i would have bought the MIG package for her. OH YEAH AND THE BEST THING IS SHE IS A PRETTY BLUE. try getting all that with a Lincoln


As soon as Kam Sends The Blue Paint..........I'll have a Blue Continental Engine !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Welding All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group