FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

big uh-oh on some whole chickens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratbelly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18 10 8:42 am    Post subject: big uh-oh on some whole chickens Reply with quote

A co-worker asked me if I would smoke some chikens for everyone in the shop if he brought them in. I told him no problem, just leave them whole and I will do the rest. Tonight I went to prepare them for tomorrows smoke and Shocked

The chickens are whole alright, all except for most of the skin. I washed them up good and have them marinating in zesty italian dressing, but I Am wondering if they will dry out during the smoke.

Could I get away with just removing all the skin and wrapping them in bacon to keep them moist? Maybe add a water pan in the smoker to help? Kinda need some bg help quick.
Jarhead
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18 10 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done a whole skinless chicken before. But my guess would be, to baste it often with butter or something to keep it moist.

Jarhead's World Blog
KCBS CBJ & HMFIC Debbie's Q Shack
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18 10 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have brined them instead of marinating them IMO.

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Chicken Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: