FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Maverick Remote Smoker Thermometer ET-732

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virginiasmoke
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13 10 11:04 pm    Post subject: NEW Maverick Remote Smoker Thermometer ET-732 Reply with quote

Is this as cool as it looks? Does anybody use the old one?
day_trippr
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13 10 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, the article confirms the dual-probe functionality that the Maverick site is less than explicit about.

If everything in that article holds true, the 732 has a number of good upgrades over its predecessor - with increased range and the settings memory being the two most significant, imho, followed closely by the high-temp probe wires (716įF is a major increase from the 73's probes).

My ET-73 is still working fine with a year and a few dozen cooks under its belt clip. It has sufficient range given the layout of my house and location of the cooker, but given the range problems lots of other folks have had with the 73, I might just be lucky on that count...

Cheers!
backyardpigs
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14 10 3:58 am    Post subject: old one Reply with quote

I use the old one and have for about 2 years. I finally burnt up one of the probes on my last cook. They are pricey to replace so this might be the best option for a few extra bucks. Then I would have it plus my old one with 1 probe.

I really like the old one and think it worked well and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I know others have had some issues with it though.
The PPP
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14 10 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope these new ones are built more durable. The old ones were built so ( made in china) cheap you just look at them and they would break. Evil or Very Mad Iíve bought 3 or 4 of em donít know if I can take the $$$$ plunge again until I start hearing some reviews. Those old probes were awful! Evil or Very Mad
2 Weber Smokey mountains 18, 22.5
1 Weber smokey Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: