FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEAMS CUSTOM SMOKERS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokinhot25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05 10 3:29 am    Post subject: BEAMS CUSTOM SMOKERS Reply with quote

[DELETED]
swatchie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05 10 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first post on this forum is to Bash a Smoker builder? You dont have any supporting evidence at all, and then you start advertising another smoker builder.

This is a very rude post. Post pics of your rotted out smoker, post links to other threads you mention, or are you just a fly and bye spammer?
ckone
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05 10 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swatchie wrote:
Your first post on this forum is to Bash a Smoker builder? You dont have any supporting evidence at all, and then you start advertising another smoker builder.

This is a very rude post. Post pics of your rotted out smoker, post links to other threads you mention, or are you just a fly and bye spammer?

+1
tacklebox
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05 10 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaahhhhhh....nevermind, I have a big enough fan club as it is Shocked
Twisted Evil Pompous Ass Bigoted LIAR #69 Twisted Evil
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05 10 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tacklebox wrote:
Aaaaahhhhhh....nevermind, I have a big enough fan club as it is Shocked

or small one that is. Kinda like my Mav. fan club Very Happy

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Goldenboy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05 10 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: BEAMS CUSTOM SMOKERS Reply with quote

Bub.... you should explain yourself or take a hike. I have a hard time believing that one of those cookers rotted in a few uses. I actually almost bought one from them and from what I remember I only spke to women when I called and the the walls on that cooker were atleast 3/8 or 5/8 and that takes a lot longer to rot through than a few months with no paint.

Sorry dude but your opinion means squat without evidence...

2010 Tailgate Appetizer Throwdown Winner

"PUT SOME SOUTH IN YOUR MOUTH!"
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07 10 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site he linked to was an advertiser for a short time. He has pictures of all kinds of smokers taken from other manufacturer's websites, that he claims that he builds. After numerous complaints from the owners of the plagiarized pictures, we refused to renew his advertising. He still owes $25 on his advertising that he never paid. It looks he's the next candidate for our scammers list.

The company he defamed, Beam's Smokers, is one of the businesses that had their pictures stolen and displayed his website as a smoker that he builds. The pictures are no longer there. I'm guessing that Beam's forced him to remove them so he's extracting some revenge. I'm not sure what his con game is, or why he would steal pictures from others and then claim that he builds them.

Garry
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07 10 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kingcookers.com site has pics of Zak's Custom smokers and Mule Tuf smokers on the site. I recognize most of the other smokers as being built by other companies, I just cannot place them right off.

The guy that runs that site is TOTAL GARBAGE! I am wondering if he ever built a smoker in his life. Probably just collects down payments from unsuspecting buyers.

Kingcookers is SCUM!
pasmokin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 11 1:59 am    Post subject: Good Smoker Company Reply with quote

I was leaning towards Beams. Can anyone give me somemore info on them???? I did a google search and found this site. I also heard the same thing about King Cookers, From what I've been reading they have been out of business for awhile.
mwells
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 11 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start your own thread, give us your budget and needs. I don't think you are going to get much help in this thread. It is pretty toxic. Folks here are very helpful if you give them a chance.
ScoopLV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 11 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to tread into a flame war, but....

I've looked at Beam's Custom Smokers as well, but I'm no longer considering them because of the pictures posted at another BBQ site:

http://www.bbqbug.com/forums/general-bbq-grilling/2615-anyone-have-any-information-beams-custom-smokers.html

Scroll down a little and you'll see what I mean. This is obviously their RS-01 model, which is the model that I was looking at. Those welds are horrible. The firebox looks way too small for the unit, and it looks like thin metal.

If my business was making smokers, no way I'd put something like that out to the market -- the market would (justifiably) tear me a new one. Even if that's one "bad apple" it says really bad things about quality control.

(If I'm wrong about all this, please correct me. That's an unbelievable price for an offset on a trailer with a smoking box.)
uncfan2457
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 11 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoop your are not wrong!
I don't like to admit it but my cooker started out as a Beam's RF cooker and to start the craftsmanship is horrible you truly get what you pay for with this cooker. To start with this guy has no idea about airflow and how to make a RF of that size work properly. I am not a pit builder and never claim to be but I do understand if there is not enough oxygen getting to the fire it will not burn. The fire box only comes with one intake vent and no matter how much fuel you add to it this cooker will not get hot enough to cook with. So I had to add a second air intake to even get the pit up to temp. The fire box is made from 1/8" plate which is not totally a bad thing but there is no cross bracing so after about 5 to 6 good cooks the fire box was warped so bad that I couldn't even close the door. The door latches on the warming box and fire box are cheap gate latches and after the cooker gets hot they want latch. A $5 thermometer is mounted in the middle between the double doors and stopped working after the first cook. The bottom racks didn't have any handles so once it was hot you had no way to pull the bottom racks with out using a separate tool.
For the money and a good base platform it's not a bad start, I have spent another $400 and who knows how many man hours to get this to a fully functional working cooker. I have cut the old fire box off and made it from 1/4" plate to the proper 1/3 size of the cooking chamber and insulated it with 1" of mineral wool insulation and numerous other things to make it functional.
So unless you plan on rebuilding the thing when ya get it home go with the Bubba's or Lang!
Appalachian BBQ & Catering
Appalachian "Q" Crew Competition BBQ Team
Beagle 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26 11 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the sg-01 model and have used it about a year and have turned out some good BBQ with it the pros I have found with this model are the fire box being mounted in the back with the deflector in the cooking chamber the temps are even across the grate I like how the door is the whole width and height of the cooking chamber so it's easy to load and unload the pit does take some getting used to and I feel I have gotten to know it pretty good cons it leeks around the door alot but I'm afraid that if I try to seal it it will choke the air flow the thermotor on mine is just there to plug the hole now that I have a Mavrick the welds wouldn't pass inspection at an oil refinery but I only gave $800 for it brand new when I first started using it I couldn't seem to get good airflow in the fire box when I called the builder he told me that was a problem that he has fixed by adding an extra intake vent above the original one I just put a fan in front of it and that works for me overall on the sg-01 model it's not a bad cooker for the price I wouldn't try to make a living with it but it works good for parties I have also found the people at beam's vary helpful and honest
toymaster
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16 11 1:56 am    Post subject: Beam's Custom Smoker SG-01 Reply with quote

I bought Beam's Sg-01 last summer with a spare tire and a warming box. I had it shipped to Long Island, New York. It's not the greatest smoker in the world, no. The welds are not pretty. He has made some changes to it since he took the pics on his website. It is 1000 lbs of 1/4 inch plate. It has survived a harsh NY winter outside (covered) with very little rust. But it fit into my budget and once I figured out how to use it, I have cooked some of my best food in it. It leaks smoke like a sieve and I am considering putting a gasket on the cooking chamber door. There was a guy in Long Island last year that had Beam's pics on his website selling smokers at twice Beam's price. I got mine shipped for less than what he was charging! I'm happy with Brenda (my smoker's name) and I would have no problem buying another one from him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: