FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brisket, Wings, ABT's stuffed mushrooms, corn and jerky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davefan360

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 11 7:37 am    Post subject: Brisket, Wings, ABT's stuffed mushrooms, corn and jerky Reply with quote

I just got into smoking this summer. My gf bought a nice char-griller with side fire box that I have been playing around with. I like it but wanted to try something different. I found a nice Brinkman Charcoal smoker on CL for 10$ so I thought what the heck. He guy I bought it from was cool, he even gave me some good apple wood splits and told me that If I help him cut it down I can have all the hickory wood I can take.
Well anyways this past weekend I decided to do some smoking and have some friends over. The menu was a beef brisket, some ABT’s, some stuffed mushrooms, and chicken wings 4 different ways.
I rubbed the brisket with honey mustard and wishashier sauce, then rubbed it with a store bought that I doctored up with some brown sugar and Amber Bock and red pepper flakes. I let it sit in the fridge for about 12 hours. I fired up the smoker at 5am because I had no clue how long it would take.
The wings were a parm and garlic, sweet bar b q with bar b q potato chip breading then mopped with sweet baby rays, a hot that were LA wing sauce, some red pepper flakes and a diced habonanro pepper, and then I just did a Italian dressing marinade on the last few. The Abt’s were made with onion and chive cream cheese, a mini whinnie and bacon. The stuffed mushrooms were just the caps stuffed with 3 cheese a mini whinnie and wrapped in bacon. It all came out real well. I think I will not go so sweet on my rub and with the wings I think I will smoke them then off set grill them to crisp them up. Brisket was in the smoker till about 3pm with hickery and the wings/ABTS/mushrooms were on for 2.5 hours with apple.
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/droptine27/
MacEggs
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 11 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the ring, dude!
Everything looks really good, davefan360!
Thanks for sharing.

The cookers (so far).
Some Weber kettles of various age, color and size
UDS & Mini UDS
Abby Normal ECB
Napoleon Propane Grill
1buckie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 11 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing like an upper deck full of 'turds !!!

Great looking cook !! corn on the cob, too !!

Pix 7 & 8 are my favorite, Done a lot of stuff wrapped in bacon
& a lot of mushroom things, but never thought to wrap the mushrooms in bacon....have to try that !!

Thanks ~~~~
~~~~>K
me6164

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02 11 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started smoking this summer myself. Been doing indirect grilling for awhile. Nothing like a good smoke to get you addicted! Thanks for the great pics. We've been growing our own Jalepenos this year. Only complaint I have are the SOB's are to rough to handle without gloves. I sliced some up last week and my hands still hurt thinking about it! I'm doing a big smoke sat for the opening week of college football. Throwing on a brisket sat morning with some sausage and wings for appetizers during the Penn state and Michigan game. And looking to polish it off with the final dinner around the time the wolverines run away with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: