FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First time boston butt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokepit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20 11 12:40 pm    Post subject: First time boston butt Reply with quote

So I attemted my first ever boston butt this weekend. WOW! It turned out awesome! My buddy bought a new pellet cooker and wanted to try it out. So we bought a nice looking butt and went to work. Rubbed it down all the way around and put it in set at at 225°. When the temp hit 190 we pulled it out wrapped it in foil placed it in a cooler and left it there for one hour. That thing was like butter when we took the forks to it. And thw taste was out of this world. The pellets we used where hickory and masquite blend. I will try to put a pick on here from my phone but not sure it will work.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx281/mquigley69/Snapbucket/f105b0dc-cf38-461c-9226-1a39c039b875.jpg

Sorry no other pic's my phone died at the party. And I hope this pic is not to big I can't tell the size on my phone.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20 11 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read PMPNLT650pxOTLS!

I still work here!
Jarhead
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20 11 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Smokepit
What are you cooking on?
You really need to put some foil on that drip pan. Makes life a whole lot easier come cleanup time and reduces your risk of a grease fire.
I have a FEC-100 and the whole bottom end is foiled.
Nice looking butt, BTW.

Jarhead's World Blog
KCBS CBJ & HMFIC Debbie's Q Shack
Smokepit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21 11 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jarhead. We where using my buddies new Tragger pellet grill/smoker. I can't remember the model number. I also told him that he should get some foil for the drip pan. It cleaned up easy this time but in the future it might be more difficult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Pork Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: