FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surprise Find Smoker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
g8adventure

PostPosted: Wed May 16 12 12:41 pm    Post subject: Surprise Find Smoker Reply with quote

I inherited my parents home recently and hadn't gone through my fathers shed until this weekend and low and behold I found a like new Brinkmann Smoke N' Grill. I know that these have been given a nickname, because of how crappy they are out of the box. However, I read couple threads today about some relatively extensive mods that people have done and claim with these modes the pits are as good or even better than wsm's. I don't believe everything I read without checking it out so I thought I'd ask you all if you felt moding this "Smoker" would be worthwhile or would I be better off just continuing to use my weber kettle and eventually build a UDS. The thing is I don't see myself for quite some time smoking more food then for up to 6 people on occasion. However, I'm enjoying smoking so much its possible that some time in the future I might want to get more serious about it.
phil c
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 16 12 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to grt rid of it. You can turn out some great food on an unmodified Brinkman. I have done everything on my Brinkman that I have done on my other "better" smokers.
In my opinion they really shine doing beer can chicken, but they will work for almost anything, brisket, ribs, turkey.....
Put it together, play with it, have some good eats!
Let us know!
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Wed May 16 12 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g8adventure, congrats on your new old cooker. Very Happy I would use it a couple of times and see what mods if any I want to do then gradually work into them.

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: