FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it a full moon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23 12 11:44 am    Post subject: Is it a full moon? Reply with quote

This lady calls tonight and was complaining that she didn't get enough food for her money (value) We rarely get such a complaint. Our regular sides are 8 oz and large are 16 oz most BBQ place serve 6 oz. The combo she complained about was our Picnic which is 1/2 rack of spare, 1/2 pound each of pulled chicken, pulled pork and sliced brisket, 4 regular sides and 6 rolls to feed 4 at 39.95. She told my wife if we didn't give her, her money back she would go on the internet and post on Facebook and such. My wife came and got me to talk to her after filling me in and she had hung up. I tried to call back and no answer. We also had a customer call today wanting us to give him new ribs because he put them in the fridge at work and the slaw dressing some how got in the box?? We put the slaw in a cup then put it in a small paper bag so it won't tip off the box and leak in the car. We poured water over a clam at the shop and none even went in the box. Is it a full moon? She called back while I was writing this. After hearing her out, basically saying they were big eaters and they expected more. She tried to tell my wife they could get a whole rack meal else where for 8-9 bucks. My wife asked where? We try to give value and since things have been going well have had the opportunity to try a few places and we generally find we give more than most for the money, both quality and quantity. I know times are tough. We've been there. I feel bad for this lady. I offered her 25% off her next order to try rib dinners or sandwiches.
YardFullOfOak
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23 12 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is usually better to give some free food instead of giving a discount, particularly when the customer complaint was not getting enough food. The marginal cost of the food is low, and can be close to zero if you give away, say, pulled pork on a day it looks like you will have to throw some away.
smokin Jim
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23 12 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you got 4 people that normally eat at the AYCE buffets most of the time. You know, the kind that look like all they do is eat. Probably wouldn't have been enough for 2 of them. What do they want for $40? And it is not a full moon. It is only 15% of full. Just wait! Embarassed
VC5007 gasser
KCBS CBJ
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24 12 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is upsetting when someone complains,,,,but when you weigh it against all the compliments I'm sure its eaiser to bear.
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
cjschuckwagon
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07 12 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will never make everyone happy....ever.....so make yourself happy and they will come...the crazies will always be there looking to take take take....cj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: