FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

meat slicer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20 12 8:16 am    Post subject: meat slicer Reply with quote

I am on my second batch of bacon. First one turned out good so I'm trying it again. My problem now is, I need a meat slicer. I borrowed one for my first batch, but it was very old and not working good. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars. But I understand you get what you pay for. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good slicer for occasonal home use?
Thanks
Jeff
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31 12 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: meat slicer Reply with quote

jjach wrote:
I am on my second batch of bacon. First one turned out good so I'm trying it again. My problem now is, I need a meat slicer. I borrowed one for my first batch, but it was very old and not working good. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars. But I understand you get what you pay for. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good slicer for occasonal home use?
Thanks
Jeff

In one word?? HOBART, watch eBay, Craigslist, etc. there are deals out there to be had, but it may take time to find them
1MoreFord
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01 12 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

Any models you recommend or don't recommend? Most likely manual only for my budget.

TIA
Swamp Mama's
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01 12 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to get an OLD Globe for my jerky business a few years back. $100........what a steal. They go for $600 easy on ebay. Like they said...........keep your eyes and ears open on ebay and craigslist. A good used commercial slicer is easily worth $500 but you can sometimes find a deal. New ones are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and new off brand cheap pieces of crap are not worth your time and money.
Masterbuilt 40
Masterbuilt 30
Weber 22.5 Gold
littlejoenc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03 12 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a older Globe 300 with the build in sharpener..
It still looks almost like new...
I got it for $150 And well worth that...
I could part it out and make 4 or 5 times my money back...
Like they said , just keep you eye's out on Craigslist or someone that sells used restaurant equipment...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: