FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fueling up a uds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banditt135

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14 12 10:29 am    Post subject: fueling up a uds Reply with quote

I was just wondering with everybody that uses UDS smokers. what all different methods people use as far as how to load the basket, how much charcoal, and how much wood, ether chunks or sticks. Just wondering how many people do it different. I load my basket with a full bag of kingsford bricketts, i load half the basket then add about 4 to 6 woodchunks, then top if off with the rest of the charcoal and about 4 to 6 more chunks of wood. Then light about 8 Bricketts let them burn down till there all gray and Hot and then add to the basket, and let her go till she hits 225-250. The longest smoke i have done sofar has been 12 hours with no problems so far. Does everybody else do it like this or are there any differences.
fisherfrk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14 12 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With half a bag of Kingsford, poured into my basket (16 inch diameter) and 8 chunks of whatever wood on the top, I have gotten up to 20 hours over two cooks. I light mine with a weedburner aimed at the middle of the basket for about a minute. Then, with my vents open, let it go to 200, and begin to throttle it down to about 220. Works pretty well, 14-16 are common. I really like the weedburner for lighting though.

Webber 22.5"
ECB
Triple Barrel Smoker
"Mower BBQ Please UDS"
3 other UDS
1 BBQ Guru that I love
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14 12 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can load 22lb of charcoal and some chunks, and I use 1/2 to 2/3rds of a chimney on top and I can cook 16 - 18 hours and still have charcoal left.

I still work here!
OwenStubbs
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14 12 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are doing just fine banditt135. Practice, play, have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: