FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBS question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjpolzin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 13 2:55 am    Post subject: DBS question Reply with quote

ok so I have done alot of searching on here and I want to build a DBS I got the barrels for free and I ordered the vogelzang barrel stove kit and double barrel adaptor already but through my searching I havent really found a solid answer. Do I have to have the second flue from the fire box to the smoke chamber or can I get away with only using 1 flue that is included with the kit? I also had an idea about adding some sheet metal to the sides of the barrels to enclose the gap between the barrels to hopefully retain some of the radiating heat( just a thought any input on this)

Thanks in advance
fisherfrk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19 13 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a DBS, one flu should be enough IF you use only one chimney on the opposite side set about grate height. That will give the heat a nice flow pattern. Be sure to reinforce the spacers with washers inside the firebox and cooker.

If you choose to add the sheet metal between the elements, make it removable, the top of the firebox needs maintenance because of drip and heat.

Webber 22.5"
ECB
Triple Barrel Smoker
"Mower BBQ Please UDS"
3 other UDS
1 BBQ Guru that I love
tjpolzin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19 13 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it, maybe ill just put the sheet metal on hooks or something just think it would channel heat better and be less wasteful of escaping heat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: