FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a cabinet smoker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcanus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15 13 1:08 am    Post subject: Need a cabinet smoker Reply with quote

Hi from italy Very Happy

I want to build a vertical smoker because at the moment I have not enought space for a bigger one.
It has to be durable and sturdy because I don't want a 55 or 85 gallon UDS.

It could have an easy temperature control for long unattended cooks.

Easy building, no RF, no gravity feed, no insulted chamber

I need to use a water pan, but I want to duplicate the juices sizzling on the RF baffle plate

Easy changeover from coal to propane fueled (this is an option)

Easy addition of a cold smoke generator like in the video link

It could have two doors with gasket rope for easy access to both compartments and allows me to add charcoal, water, or wood chunks with minimal heat loss

It couldn't have exagerated dimension, I think about 20x20x40 inches, max 24x24x50 inches.

The shape is similar to the classic cabinet smoker, single or two doors like Brinkmann, MasterForge, Masterbuilt, Landmann etc...

What do you think?
Is the cabinet smoker a good solution?

Thanks for all Very Happy
QObsession
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20 13 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valcanus It sounds like you know what you want. Check out the build section and the sticks there are some great Ideas there that will help you with what you want to do.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21 13 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can normally find these new but not able to hold pressure at a discount. The stand about 5-6 feet tall and do not have glass liners (like water heaters)

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-82-gal-standard-pressure-tank/p-08302951000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr. get with Tony about converting a old fridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: