FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local metal supply?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwhiteboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07 13 3:01 pm    Post subject: Local metal supply? Reply with quote

I'm having trouble finding a local metal fabrication supplier in my area that doesn't charge an arm or leg for there metal. Anyone living in the Mobile / Baldwin County Al area that knows where I can find one or a scrap metal supplier? Any help would be great, I'm wanting to finish my build and can't seem to find one local.
deere green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07 13 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found a local scrap supply on craigslist in my area. they sell everything for $.30 per lb and have some good looking stuff. the guy was trying to sell me one of the propane takes he had when he started asking what i was going to be doing with the scrap. said he has guys in all the time lookn for stuff for their smokers and also put in the "some guys even bring in some smoked meat for us once they finish their build." thought that was pretty funny! about said, well sell me all the stuff i need for 50% off and i will make sure to bring you some grub when i'm done! Cool
gibby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07 13 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deere green wrote:
well sell me all the stuff i need for 50% off and i will make sure to bring you some grub when i'm done! Cool

Ahhh, the barter system...alive and well! Very Happy
dwhiteboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 13 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried my local Craigslist and surrounding county's before but no luck, if you have a local scrap supplier your in good shape for building rigs. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: