FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has BBQ Tattoos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceedubya
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26 13 11:36 am    Post subject: Who has BBQ Tattoos? Reply with quote

I am always looking for some new ideas for ink. So far all my tats are non cooking related but are all unique and / or personal. Since bbq is such a big part of my life, and I am on the path to restaurant ownership, I want to get some tats that reflect that.

I already have an appointment booked to get some ink next week, but was going to use that time to start on my spoon and fork set. My wife and I are getting our grandmothers silver pattern spoons tattoo'd on us, and I am adding the fork as well. Those will be on my right and left forearms.

I have seen a few folks with the meat cut charts, and I like that idea but I want something more detailed. Something that really shows the muscle structure would be cool. Most of my stuff is black and grey, and I want to keep everything on my arms that way. I don't do cartoonish stuff (unless you count the pinup style betty boop on my leg Wink ).

So, do any of you have bbq related ink and if so lets see it!
ceedubya
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01 13 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bueller?? bueller?? anyone??? Cool

I decided on 2 new tats, a steer and a hog with an overlay of the meat cut chart. Can't decide on the which steer I like best though. Please help me choose! (Ezzy don't kill me if these are too big, I really did try this time!! )

Here is the first option. I whited out the detail to draw on the cut lines, and then layed them over the original drawing. Nevermind the black and white marks on the original, I didn't like the way they were layed out. The cut lines will be dashed, not solid, and I will add numbers around the outside pointing to each cut area

And with the detail behind it

And here is option 2, this is just one I found already layed out. Would add a little more shadowing and detail.

The steer will be on the inside of my left forearm and the pig on the right. Both will be facing forward toward my hands with the feet towards my body.
N8DCJ
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01 13 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what Michael Symon from the food network has...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/food-tattoos/pictures/page-4.html

Dan
Pappy
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02 13 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of burn marks on my arm. Does that count?
dmike25
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02 13 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pappy wrote:
I have a couple of burn marks on my arm. Does that count?

Laughing Laughing Was thinking the same thing!
ckone
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02 13 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a culinary professional who does have a few tattoos, I have never decided upon a culinary tattoo.

I have thought about a chef knife on my forearm. But want something a bit more creative/ original.

I know a guy with the Morton salt girl on his rib cage. A guy with Bacon in script across his shoulders. A guy with a mad scientist chef on his arm. Worked with a guy once who had a tribal ban of whisks, spoons, knives and rolling pins. Another guy had a fork and spoon.

I like the meat charts that Michael Symon has.

I like option number 2 better than #1 out of what you listed Ceedubya.
ceedubya
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03 13 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckone wrote:
As a culinary professional who does have a few tattoos, I have never decided upon a culinary tattoo.

I have thought about a chef knife on my forearm. But want something a bit more creative/ original.

I know a guy with the Morton salt girl on his rib cage. A guy with Bacon in script across his shoulders. A guy with a mad scientist chef on his arm. Worked with a guy once who had a tribal ban of whisks, spoons, knives and rolling pins. Another guy had a fork and spoon.

I like the meat charts that Michael Symon has.

I like option number 2 better than #1 out of what you listed Ceedubya.

Option 2 is where I am leaning as well, maybe with a little more shading detail, but not much.

The morton salt girl would be awesome!
ceedubya
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05 13 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooooo....... I went a whole different direction here!

Actually, I was always planning to get both, and since I couldn't decide on the exact beef design I went with the pig. I knew what I wanted for that one, so it was an easier place to start.

I have yet to see 2 cut charts that match, so I kind of layed it out the best I could. I love it, the artist is a local friend who just killed it, figuratively speaking!

He suggested I put "Hot Dog" on the lips and..... well you know. Twisted Evil
necron 99
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05 13 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe add 'Snoot' on the face, a la Smokestack Lightning.

I've never had the opportunity to sample that BBQ item.

Or maybe 'Tamales' . . . I've eaten plenty of those!
flyin-lowe
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06 13 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been a fan of tattoos, just personal preference. It does show your dedication. I always thought it would be better to get a hat or a T shirt, just in case you change your mind a few years from now. Laughing
masoncat1
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07 13 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the cow in the exact same design/color scheme as the pig on the other arm!
ceedubya
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07 13 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masoncat1 wrote:
Get the cow in the exact same design/color scheme as the pig on the other arm!

that's the plan! this will be my 3rd tattoo from the same artist, so I have learned to trust him. I basically gave him the outline and cut lines and he made it look so real. I'm gonna do the same thing for the steer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: