FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuffing snack sticks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDOG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12 07 3:41 am    Post subject: Stuffing snack sticks Reply with quote

For anyone who has problems with the meat squirting past the plate on their stuffer, try this. Trim a peice of flat fat to fit the curve of the inside of the stuffer. I did this in pieces, because I did not have a piece of fat big enough to do in one. I layed the pieces of fat slightly onto the sidewall of the stuffer to create a good seal and cranked away with no problems. I am using an Enterprise stuffer that has been in the family for years so if you have a newer stuffer you might not have this problem, but for those who do, this works great.

Happy stuffing

Gdog
Mark H
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12 07 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a good tip but I'm wondering if it isn't the long way around the park.

I don't mean to cause any offense. The problem of meat leaking out between the plunger and the barrel have been around for as long as I can remember. In the butcher shop we just put a clean sheet of freezer paper around the plunger to act as a gasket. My neighbor has an Enterprise stuffer with an unusually large gap. We just use a double thickness of freezer paper.

I don't want to sound like a know it all. Am I missing the problem?
I have been told by family members that I can be a real rockhead.
Mark H
GDOG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12 07 6:14 am    Post subject: stuffing snack sticks Reply with quote

First of all Mark H, if you really are a rock head, who would know better than your family members? My post was simply to disclose a soulution to a problem that worked for me. I don't think everyone should use this technique with their stuffer. It just worked well for me with what I had on hand and I was happy to pass it on. I have used freezer paper myself in the past with limited results. I hope your neighbor continues to have succsess with the Enterprise. They are a solid machine.

Oh, and by the way, no need to worry about me thinking that you know it all. I don't.

Gdog
Mark H
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12 07 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, does someone need a bran muffin?
Mark H
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13 07 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark H wrote:
Wow, does someone need a bran muffin?
Mark H

I think what he's saying is...in his park, it ain't the long way.

Now, we have at least 2 different ways to solve the problem and both seem to work. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: