FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reverse reverse flow?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmatty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07 13 6:49 pm    Post subject: reverse reverse flow? Reply with quote

Rather than 2 verticals on my horizontal grill which would really work I was going to put one on the end because that would work a would probably solve my problem of too much tounge weight (Got the grill used and free needs some work though). I was reading that the temp difference between the end of the horizontal chamber near the fire box and the vertical chamber would be over 75 degrees. Would a reverse reverse flow fix this though? Having two sheets of metal under neath so that heat must make an S shape and reverse it's self twice to get into the horizontal chamber be a solution? I would also have a hinged plate at the bottom of the first flow to use just the vertical smoker. Good plan or not??
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07 13 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMHO but I think you would run into a draft/stall problem. Also a larger heat differential...
macmanmatty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07 13 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could not the draft problem be solved by decreasing the area of the of the run underneath the cooking chamber that air / heat flows through after before each u turn. there by increasing the velocity of the air flow and helping to improve draft?
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09 13 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverse flow cookers rely mostly on radiant heat from the R/F plate to cook. If you try to use two plates what you will get at best is cold stale smoke. Even if you force feed the air it will still be cold stale smoke in my opinion.
Why are you wanting this why not build what works?

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: