FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adjustable reverse flow with 2 vertical chambers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmatty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06 13 7:18 pm    Post subject: adjustable reverse flow with 2 vertical chambers Reply with quote

I have a now an old grill made from a 150 gallon propane tank with a square remote firebox on one side on a small home built trailer. I was planning on adding 2 vertical smoking chambers on either side made from 100 lb (25 gallon i believe) propane tanks. I would also add another fire box in the back made from a 50 lb (10 gallon) propane tank. It would be a reverse flow but adjustable meaning that part of the bottom plate on either side would be hinged and either be opened or closed to let the heat flow where I need it to. I I have 3/4 of an EE degree so as far as I can tell from the physics equations if built right this design idea should work. But I'd rather rum it by intelligent people who have similar ideas. Any reason why this wouldn't work or be a bad idea? I can get the welding done from free by a high school welding shop as long as I give them the materials.

thanks

macmanmatty
biker.chef
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07 13 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how big is your fire box?
EAT BACON
macmanmatty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07 13 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have scrapped this whole idea because you could never use both vertical chambers and the tounge weight would be too much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: