FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vending - CTO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papagallos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27 14 7:45 pm    Post subject: Vending - CTO Reply with quote

Well, after becoming a member of this forum I have read every thread that my CTO query pulled. I've read a few threads more than once. I have learned a lot but I still find myself having questions about the CTO that I ordered. I contacted a member about it and was basically told to refer to the forum for answers. At least he wished me best of luck!!!!! Trust me, I am far from being a threat to anyone's 'cue business. Laughing Laughing Laughing

If you are a current or previous CTO owner and use it to vend with, please message me. I'd be interested to pick your brain about it.

Thank you.
Papagallos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 14 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough crowd. Neutral
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 14 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is bound to be someone somewhere that may help you... as you are buying a CTO speak with them about anyone they know who may be able to help you with getting started.

http://www.olehickorypits.com/FAQ.aspx

Post your questions here, and see what answers you get.

There's lots of information out there, ask the questions, listen to the answers, ask more questions... the only silly question is the one you don't ask!

I still work here!
Papagallos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05 14 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a very kind and humble forum member who took the time to call me, I am now even more anxious to receive the CTO. Kurt, you rock!!!!!

Happy Independence Day!
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07 14 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't spent much time on the ring lately between the hail storm a while back and vending on weekends been pretty busy.
Any way I have found out that with my CTO keeping it clean is as important as any thing. Creasote buildup kept my used one from operating properly. Temp difference from grate to dial needs to be noted. Mine runs about 15 degrees cooler than the dial so I run it at 275 kmost time to be about 250-260. Top right side of cook chamber runs hotter also.
Just cause its a commercial smoker don't mean it doesn't have it's flaws. But other than a few minor design flaws i really like the ease of operation and the quality of food that comes out of it.
Cooked a case of butts, two briskets and 10-12 lbs of thighs this weekend worked great & got some sleep. Wink once ya get it dialed in I think you'll like it.
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07 14 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff T wrote:
Haven't spent much time on the ring lately between the hail storm a while back and vending on weekends been pretty busy.
Any way I have found out that with my CTO keeping it clean is as important as any thing. Creasote buildup kept my used one from operating properly. Temp difference from grate to dial needs to be noted. Mine runs about 15 degrees cooler than the dial so I run it at 275 kmost time to be about 250-260. Top right side of cook chamber runs hotter also.
Just cause its a commercial smoker don't mean it doesn't have it's flaws. But other than a few minor design flaws i really like the ease of operation and the quality of food that comes out of it.
Cooked a case of butts, two briskets and 10-12 lbs of thighs this weekend worked great & got some sleep. Wink once ya get it dialed in I think you'll like it.

Go to OH website, on the left there is a link to tell you how to calibrate thermometer or calibrate temp dial.

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
Pkerchef
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07 14 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff about time you posted to this thread. Hope things are going good in your neck of the woods. Some pics of the CTO wouldn't be a bad thing. I have heard around here the motto is"no pics didn't happen". Have a good un ! Pkerchef
8.5 x 18 Haulmark concession/ competition trailer
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09 14 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtsara
Yup seen that & even have it on paper. Just need to do it. Lazy me.... Very Happy

Pkerchef
No pics keeps em guessing. I got the receipt to prove it. Still owe my butcher $150 for the last batch of butts. Gave him an IOU even signed it Wink Nice fella, even lends me freezer space when i need it. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: