FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

approximate build cost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Campbell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14 14 12:48 am    Post subject: approximate build cost Reply with quote

Hi guys,
In looking at an Airstream 36' Land Yacht that was a custom made mobile computer lab. The inside has a rear dining table and seating along with some counter top space running down the sides. There are mid and rear side doors on the left side of the RV.

I was thinking that this could be made into a food truck/micro mobile restaurant. could have about a 19' food truck area and a 16' dining area. the front would be the food truck and the rear for the seating area with wrap around windows.

Does anyone have an approximate guess on the cost of used food prep equipment (not counting the smoker). I was thinking about a small flat top, a sandwich/cold prep unit, a small oven and broiler, and some refrigeration. of course I will need a 3 bay sink and a hand wash sink and also all of the ventilation/fire and safety equipment.

I look forward to all thoughts, comment and suggestions.
Thanks,
Bob C
jbass
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14 14 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost will vary greatly depending on if you buy used of new equipment. I do not know about Colorado, but I do know in GA if you have seating you are required to have restrooms as well.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14 14 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being true about seating in many places... to counter that,x(pun intended), put in standing spaces, kick rails, and counters and elbow high tables to rest your food on, and no seats.

I still work here!
Bob Campbell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14 14 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
Didn't know about the seating/restroom thing. Some of the barstool and countertop workarounds might be a possibility.

I was planning on buying used stuff like I mentioned in the original post.

Does anyone have recommendations on what types of equipment to buy? I have an idea of what I think is needed but would like to hear from some pros.

Thanks again,
Bob C.
Pkerchef
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14 14 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The type of equipment would and could vary greatly on the menu you plan on serving. What are you planning on doing with said truck ? Pkerchef
8.5 x 18 Haulmark concession/ competition trailer
Bob Campbell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15 14 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on doing standard BBQ fare. Ribs, Brisket, Pulled pork and either chicken or sausage. Sides will be cole slaw, mac and cheese, and backed beans. I might also have french fries but that is low on the list. As things progress, I will likely add a few more items.

I'm not including the smoker in this list because that is a given with BBQ, I'm just curious about the traditional restaurant stuff.

Thanks again,
Bob C.
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15 14 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great resource on generic name new stuff...http://www.webstaurantstore.com/
craigslist is great, and many new 'raunt supply houses will have used equipment as well! I picked up 3 5 pan warming ovens for $100 / each at a local store - 20 years old, work fine, $2500 new!! [ look like they've been around the block a few times, but hold temp just fine! Will probably last longer than most new junk...]
"raunts are high on the list of failing businesses nation wide, I found some who dont want to do the auction thing list some of their stuff on craigslist - went and found a $1800.00 glass door fridge for $300, $2800.00 T-49 for $800, menu boards, tons of utensils etc etc etc for $0.10 on the dollar of new, SS spoons and the likes dont go bad in my book! Was even at an auction where a 4' vent system [ complete ] went for under $300!! I didnt [think] I needed one or would have bid! Bad move on my part once I found out what it was worth...'Raunts, bakeries, sandwich shop to gas stations renovating/closing etc...Got a 2 bowl soup cooker for $30 at a rummage sale with 3 - 2 gallon [?] inserts complete with hinged tops and ladles [ owner had renovated their gas station/ sandwich shop and tossed it into garage!] Works great for nacho cheese and warmed up BBQ sauce! Fleebay is hit or miss, but a great price shopping tool!!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16 14 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you on your question, but you want a THIRTY SIX FOOT trailer? Damn, that's pretty BIG to be towing! I used to have a 28' and it was a bee-otch to pull/park, but it was NICE once you got to where you were going Laughing Nothing quite like 'roughing it' in the wintertime Laughing
The Matt Ryan of LIARS! (#2)

I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I just didn't have the ABILITY.

Support your 2nd Amendment RIGHT. Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
Bob Campbell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16 14 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,
Thanks for the link, good way to check value of used stuff. I have been watching Craigslist and some auction house like you mention.

Bugs,
This is an RV, not a trailer.

Thanks,
Bob C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: