FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitts and Spitts 18x24 smoker build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eber75

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08 15 1:08 pm    Post subject: Pitts and Spitts 18x24 smoker build Reply with quote

I picked up a Pitts and Spitts tailgater which has a center firebox, used maybe once for $150 plus a little drive time (but it was worth the drive). Its very unique and vastly different from the original tailgater. The original tailgater vents through the top of the roll top, where this doesn't. Actually there's not away for smoke to get out. My plan is to make a smoker and do a side by side hitch mount smoker/grill set up. Need some help on calculations for the stack as well as how low or high the tuning plates should be. Or if its even worth it! Thanks!

[img]

Last edited by eber75 on Mon Aug 17 15 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
eber75

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01 15 11:01 am    Post subject: Build - modifications Reply with quote

I added a temp gauge and a removable defusser plate. It should allow heat around all 4 sides and can be flipped to serve as a grill after I modify an extra fire grate I have to fit . Pics added to original posting. If weather allows this weekend in Houston I'll fire it up to decide what type of chimney to add if one is needed or to go ahead and start the door modification

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

Last edited by eber75 on Mon Aug 17 15 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
eber75

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17 15 12:09 pm    Post subject: Test cook Reply with quote

I finally got a test cook in. It maintained 225 really well. Looks like the inlet valve may be a little undersized and it may not need an exhaust chimney

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: