FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

short commercial airing for free

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05 15 8:20 am    Post subject: short commercial airing for free Reply with quote

An media company contacted me nearly a year ago requesting to put together a short commercial to air on cable as part of some research. They would put together a 15 second spot and run it on cable. I was offered the rights to the commercial for 90 bucks. Seemed reasonable enough. I don't recall all the details now but it should be airing locally. I'm also going to put it on my web site. Here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoCkCRXSjQ0&feature=youtu.be
Kevan
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05 15 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Q,
I voice commercials for a living. In all my years I have never heard of anyone running spots for free. If you see your spot on the tube I would love to hear about it and the plan in general. The visuals on your spot are good.

http://kevanrabat.com/
Kevan
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06 15 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about free advertising Saw your place on DD&D last nite!
Very Nice!
Capt Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07 15 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the commercial they did. Clean, get's your name out in video, and short. Good quality photos. It says good bbq all over it. Not sure I like her voice, but I'm nitpicking...it was free. Makes me know I need some video content. Content helps drive people in the door.
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08 15 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are airing it next week in this market on ESPN and NBCS. This was offered as a marketing study. I'd be curious to know what the study was about. It's good exposure for the price no matter what.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: