FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First design thoughts.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABBOV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16 15 6:03 am    Post subject: First design thoughts. Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm planning my first build and would like some input from you guys. (And girls of course.. Very Happy )

Thinkng of a RF smoker with a second (vertical) CC which also could act like a warming chamber. Hope to use one chimney and redirect the smoke and heat flow with or without the VCC.

Here's my idea:

Is this idea possible?
Does anyone see any design issues e.g.?

Please let me know.

Best regards

ABBOV
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16 15 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things come to mind looking at the pic.
#1. I am not sure you will generate enough radiant heat to use the vertical as a warmer.
#2. By extending the firebox beyond the warmer your foot print just grew by that much in length.
I know the vertical can be fed by the horizontal for cooking but I believe it would work better if you stacked the vertical on top the firebox. This way your warmer could be used without adding heat/smoke to the cabinet if you chose not to.

Hybrid Cooker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: