FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cast iron grill grates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim

PostPosted: Jul 02 2005    Post subject: cast iron grill grates Reply with quote

I have a custom built barrel style smoker/grill, and I would like to put in some cast iron grill grates. Does anyone have a suggestion on a brand or custom manufacturer?

Thanks for your input.
zilla
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jul 10 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim depending on the size of your smoker and the depth of your pockets there are two ways to go. Try looking at cast iron replacement grates for Char broils high end stuff or webers stuff. I have seen these at home depot for a fair price. If you have big bucks to spend try a local returant supply company or resturant equipment repair company for commercial grates. These are super heavy and cost $50.00 per grate. they are usually about 5" wide so covering even a small surface could cost a bundle. try HD.

goodluck, zilla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: