FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweet & Spicy Beef Jerky

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MossyMO
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09 18 2:00 am    Post subject: Sweet & Spicy Beef Jerky Reply with quote

Lean rump roast was $2.99 a pound so jerky it is! There are better cuts but at that price might as well slice it up.

-----

-----

Added cure and Sweet & Spicy seasoning and let it marinade a few days in the fridge. Smoked with cherry and apple at 160ยบ, about 5 hours in pieces started coming off and finished all after about 7 hours.

-----
Of course we taste tested a few pieces, but vacuum sealed and froze the rest for some future tasty treats!

Thanks for looking!
dmike25
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09 18 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man does that look good MossyMO Very Happy This post makes it look so easy, is it really that simple? I guess the problem I would have would be being able to smoke at a low temp.
I might not reply very often, but I really enjoy all of your posts, keep up the good work Very Happy
Thanks,
MossyMO
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09 18 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmike25 wrote:
Man does that look good MossyMO Very Happy This post makes it look so easy, is it really that simple? I guess the problem I would have would be being able to smoke at a low temp.
I might not reply very often, but I really enjoy all of your posts, keep up the good work Very Happy
Thanks,

Thanks! It really is that easy but low temps are key on a grill or smoker. You can do the same in your oven or dehydrator but it won't have that smoke flavor. Thanks for the kind words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Smoked Foods All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: