FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Off Day Cook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowsmoke
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09 18 9:55 pm    Post subject: Monday Off Day Cook Reply with quote

Whats a man to do with an extra weekend day without football, BBQ! My setup for the day - 22.5 WSM and trailer offset.

Turkey legs remind me of fall, brined overnight and set off on the offset at 275 for 5 hours.

Pilled up two racks of St Louis ribs to complete the platter. These were done 3-1-1 at 275. Agave/Brown sugar/Butter in the foil pack. Sprayed with ACV/Water along the way and brushed with my thinned sweet sauce. Really great color put out by my offset on these.

Grabbed a 10lb packer, trimmed down to 9 roughly. Wanted to break away from the foil and competition sweet seasonings. No chemicals used, butcher paper wrapped and smoked at 260 for 8 hours. Rested for 1 hour and was really happy with the whole thing. Funny, I got more compliments of the "beefy" flavor of this brisket than usual. Sometime simply really does win out. Used the Guru to burn a very consistent fire. Smoked to 200 in the flat and sliced at 188.

Now for the star of the show. Two racks of choice beef ribs that we just hilariously big. Smoked these for 7 hours with the membrane removed from the back. Rubbed these with some Killer Hogs AP and then my own spiced beef rub. sprayed with ACV/Water along the way. Consistent smoke made for killer bark and soft textures.

thanks for looking!
k.c.hawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10 18 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking cook Snowsmoke!!

We are squaring off Sunday night. I've been a Chiefs season ticket holder for 24 years (since I moved here). It feels different having a QB, one we drafted, a real difference maker. It will be nice to watch games on Sunday and cook, getting ready for The Game of the Day!!

Take care. I'd wish you good luck but you all don't need it!!
30" Masterbuilt Digital
UDS (Named Uddley by Mrs K.C.)
Weber 26.75 One Touch
Weber 22.5 Silver Touch
Weber Smokey Joe
Superfast Red Thermopen
Razorback born and bred!
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10 18 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking cook. When I saw the turkey legs I almost tuned out. Down here in S. Fl. I shoot & smoke a lot of wild turkey. The only part worth smoking is the breast so the rest gets browned and turned to broth, soup, or jambalaya.
The whole cook looks great but those beef ribs have me drooling...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: