FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Been thinking about Wreckless lately..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G Spot BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24 18 8:45 pm    Post subject: Been thinking about Wreckless lately.. Reply with quote

Many of you know I bought Mikes trailer smoker build a number of years ago. Well a week ago it was sitting parked in front of my garage because I cooked a couple briskets on it the day before. Normally when it's not being used it's parked in the garage. But it never got pushed back in this time.

Also my UTV was parked right next to it as I had a load of wood in the back of it. Well along about 8:30 at night while we were not at home a car came barreling down our dead end road. Slammed into the smoker! The impact slammed the smoker into my UTV and the car continued about 15 yards before it hit a tree and finally stopped in the woods. The driver fled.

All the doors flew open on the smoker from the impact and the fire box door is sprung and won't close. The propane tank mount was destroyed and will need to be replaced as well as the receiver on the front will need replacing. I had 3 empty coolers sitting on the cooler storage rack and they went flying everywhere and all 3 coolers are busted up.

The smoker hit the UTV hard enough that it may well be totaled. It's at the dealership now being looked at but it doesn't take much to total these things out.

The car that hit it is certainly totaled out with most of the damage coming from hitting the smoker. By the time he hit the woods he lost most of his momentum.

The smoker is at a fabricator friend of mines shop and he will have it good as new in a week or so. I'd post pics but it's one of those things that way beyond my talent on this forum.

Anyway I know Mike would get a real kick out of knowing his smoker build totaled a car and a UTV in the same fight and will be back burning sticks and cooking briskets after some minor work! Very Happy
dmike25
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24 18 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Spot BBQ wrote:

Anyway I know Mike would get a real kick out of knowing his smoker build totaled a car and a UTV in the same fight and will be back burning sticks and cooking briskets after some minor work! Very Happy

I'd bet you're right about that Smile I didn't know Mike or ever see any of his builds, other than here on the ring.
I don't doubt that any of his builds would have had the same outcome Wink
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26 19 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G, I hate to hear that your smoker had a run in with a car and UTV, but I know Mike is laughing his arse off on this one. Mike, like k.a.m. and myself, overkilled and built the hell out of everything. I would almost bet at one time over a phone call or text, one of us have had a conversation about "well what if it gets hit by a dumbass in a car" Glad to hear it survived, although I am not surprised at all that it came out on top. Happy Smoking when it returns!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: