FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoker vs Oven after foiling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H@rry

PostPosted: Jul 29 2019    Post subject: Smoker vs Oven after foiling Reply with quote

I found a recipe for a Butt that calls for smoking for 3.5 hours @ 275, wrapping tightly in foil and back in smoker until it reaches 200.

My question is: Does the smoker do anything to the meat after it is tightly foiled that I can't do just as well in the oven @275?

Thanx
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jul 29 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your wife let you hang out in the kitchen drinking beer, playing guitar, etc ? If so go ahead and start it in the oven. Just add Liquid Smoke and enjoy the AC... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
H@rry

PostPosted: Jul 31 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been in the smoker for 3.5 hours before I foiled it.
dmike25
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Aug 04 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the meat is in foil, all it needs is heat. It won't be taking any more smoke, and it won't know what the heat source is. I always put the butt, brisket, ribs, or whatever I'm cooking back in the smoker after foiling, but I think the oven would be just fine if the cooking process ends there. After time in foil, I always put the meat back in the smoke to firm up bark, set sauce, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: