FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBQ guru cyberq on 300 Gal. tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twmc68

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06 19 11:01 pm    Post subject: BBQ guru cyberq on 300 Gal. tank Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I wasn't able to find any discussions on using the bbq guru on a large smoker. I have heard great things and plan on purchasing a cyberq for my smoker build. I am in the process of building a trailer smoker using a 300 gallon propane tank as my cooking area and building a firebox to attack to it and making it reverse flow. I know the tank is roughly 10 feet long and 30 inches in diameter. I will have a firebox that is built to the dimensions the calculator gave me, but I cannot remember them off the top of my head. Their website says it will work with two of their large, pit bull fans. I was wondering if anyone has used this or something similar on a large smoker like this and if it provides enough airflow for it. Any input or experience you guys have with this is much appreciated! Thanks!
Sgt. Stel
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07 19 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Stoker with a 25 cfm fan on my big cooker (you can check the build thread in my signature, Sarge). The cook chamber is 5 foot long by about 3ish foot deep. I also have posts when I first started using the stoker.

One thing I've found important in my cooker is the diameter of the pipe coming out of the fan. 25cfm through an 1.5" pipe moves the air faster than through a 2" pipe. For me the larger pipe works better. You might want to consider that when deciding what air draft control unit you might want. JM2C

With a cooker your size you might want to consider 2 fans? Don't know, just a thought. I considered this and had 2 orifices built in my cooker and I only use 1.

Sgt. Stel
Custom Offset - USMC Special "Sarge"
T&K Gravity Feed, Medium
twmc68

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08 19 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They recommend using two fans for fireboxes larger than 18x18x18, but because my firebox will be much larger, closer to 24x30x36, I wanted to make sure I didn't need to configure a 3 fan setup. As far as I know, the kit will come with bulkhead adapters, but I never considered the diameter of the pipe that comes in. I might be able to get a different adapter and play with the pipe size for my inlets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: