FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scotch Eggs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowsmoke
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17 19 10:59 pm    Post subject: Scotch Eggs Reply with quote

Literally one of my favorite things to eat after cooking most of the night, I had been struggling on the ratio, the yolks and the mixture for a minute but I felt really good about this batch. Right amount of sausage to egg for my taste, didn't break any soft boiled eggs while peeling and almost go that yolk runny.

Eggs chilled and covered in your regular old store bought pack of jimmy dean breakfast pork sausage. After the picture I dusted with some Trimm Trabbs Pig Powder.

On the smokerat 160 degrees, I brushed on a 50/50 bbq sauce amber maple syrup glaze. (pork butts had been on 7 hours at this point)

my favorite part - lets eat!

they were lighter in color since I was burning a super clean flow with the big meats on. I think I can simmer one minute less on the eggs then cook like 15 minutes less to achieve a runny yolk.
Bigpappa1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 19 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them rightchair is some good lookin' eggs!

On Fridays I usually tell people I'm going to smoke something this weekend. They tend to get the wrong idea...
Sgt. Stel
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 19 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done Snowsmoke I've always wanted to try these. I've loved them in bars where they fry them but I've never had them smoked. I'd like to learn more. What temp was the cooker?

Sgt. Stel
Custom Offset - USMC Special "Sarge"
T&K Gravity Feed, Medium
jess
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18 19 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking eggs. Every time I try them I am glad I like HARD boiled eggs... Embarassed
Snowsmoke
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19 19 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooker was running at 250, light smoke with a few apple chips thrown on for the first 15 minutes. I, oddly, have never enjoyed the fried version!

Agree on the "hard boiled" comment Very Happy
baconX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19 19 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome new egg recipe! The kiddos gonna love this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: