FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the Market

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markbb
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Apr 07 2007    Post subject: In the Market Reply with quote

for sausage making and never done this before I would like an electric grinder and other equipment to get on my way, suggestions please Very Happy thanks in advance
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Apr 07 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer you can get the grinder attachment for grinding the meat. If not get one of those $100 electric grinders by Krupps (my first grinder) or Cuisinart or one of the others. For stuffing, go to Northern Tool & Equipment and get the vertical stuffer. It's weld for weld an exact copy of my 5# vertical stuffer from the Sausage Maker and less than half the cost. I can stuff 5 lbs of sausage in a couple of minutes.

Don't bother trying to use the grinder as a stuffer, they do a poor job stuffing.
WBOGGS
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Apr 07 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the grinder I use; it's a great grinder and a half decent stuffer but get a good bucket stuffer if you're serious.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=995

This is the bucket stuffer I use; the price is way lower than others because the frame isn't made from stainless, just the stuff that touches meat.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/h6252
jerrykr

PostPosted: Apr 17 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Northern Tool grinder, but I like the one Wboggs gives a link to because it sez that the tray, auger, and plates are stainless steel. I do not have it, of course, but the stainless could go into the dishwasher, making cleaning a lot easier. It looks like a good choice.

-=- Jerry -=-
-----------------------
check out my home sausage making site

www.homesausagemaker.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: