FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A sin but GOOOOOODDDDDD.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimc11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14 05 5:23 am    Post subject: A sin but GOOOOOODDDDDD..... Reply with quote

I now people here will condemn me...However we have been smoking and cooking ribs/butts/etc for a while and have gotten to the point I have to get a license and start charging people. I am buying some equipment of an oldtimer that I have helped in the past...he is great guy btw...Well his meats have always been the tastiest ever...He passed me some secretes. He cooks his on a smoker for an hour or two for flavor and to "seal" the meat...Then all of the cooking is done on his propane tow behind cooker..He does have a small "chip tray" in it..It is WAY easier than the methods I have been using (ALMOST a set it and forget it) and when I fed some friends a little of shredded and a some babybacks they could not tell the difference. Gonna do a whole hog and some more ribs next week....So I bought that from him too...Does this mean I am an evil person?
mds2
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14 05 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I dont care how something is cooked as long as it tastes good. I even have an electric smoker that I use everyonce it a while.

The Saucy Lads BBQ Team
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14 05 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an "Afterburner" for my bullet smoker when it's real cold or I'm real lazy.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14 05 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim h:
i bought one of the afterburners too, is`nt it great on those winter days to be able to still have some fine tasten BBQ. Wink
jimc11:
Some purests would condem ya but we won`t. Do what ya got to do, but do it well. Wink
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15 05 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, the name says it all doesn't it?
Doc1680
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15 05 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah jimc, it don't matter how it's done as long as it's good. my dad can smoke with the best, but he also does some great tasting ribs in his oven. it does take a little of the art out of the whole thing, but hey...go for what you know friend.

EAT Q

HAPPY Q-ING

Doc
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16 05 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an oven for my clients that do not want smoky foods! If you are planning a catering business (and it sounds like you are) I would keep things "real" Very Happy I'm all for doing whatever works for you, but...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: