FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got the cooker...NEED PAINT!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimc11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18 05 11:53 pm    Post subject: Got the cooker...NEED PAINT!!! Reply with quote

Well I went this weekend and got the cookers...In pretty good shape. The one trailered one made out of a an old oil drum needs to be sanded and painted. Gonna start the sanding this week and hopefully paint this weekend. Any recomendations on paint? I prefer to roll it on if possible. I hate spray paints..It seems all I can find is spraypaint kind around here.
mds2
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19 05 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dupont makes a 1000 degree grill paint that can either be sprayed or brushed on and is sold by the quart. Check your local hardware store, it is what i used on my smoker.

The Saucy Lads BBQ Team
zilla
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19 05 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a Home Depot near you ask for Rustoleum 1300 deg black. the quart cans are a slightly different color that the spray cans so go with one or the other. If you have access to a sprayer thin the paint a bit and use the caned stuff. Best wishes

Zilla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: