FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, it's sirloin for her from now on...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOrson
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 19 07 7:34 am    Post subject: Well, it's sirloin for her from now on... Reply with quote

Cooked celebratory steaks tonight. 2" thick ribeyes cooked on the rare side of medium rare. I buy whole ribeyes a couple of times a year and butcher them myself and freeze them wrapped in foil inside a zip-top bag individually to avoid freezer burn. I was lucky this time because I managed to score a marbling closer to Prime while only paying for Choice.

Divided one of the steaks between the 5 year old, the 11 year old and the 43 year old. Kids devoured theirs, 5 year old begged for more. Wife throws 2/3 of hers away. Reason? Fat. Most of the meat she pitched because of the marbling.

I'll be damned if I'm going to waste one of my good steaks on her again. If she wants a steak she can have a chunk of sirloin. The kids and I will split the good stuff.
SmokeWatcher

PostPosted: Sun May 20 07 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....that's food abuse if I ever heard it!
i like it

PostPosted: Mon May 21 07 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife throws 2/3 of hers away. Reason? Fat

Well my wifes the same. So your not alone there. So I cook her the lean pieces and I have the more tasty bits with the fat on. Plus of coarse a beer
ShotgunBBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 07 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is the exact same. I get me a well marbled T-bone or porterhouse and her and the kids get a serlion off the shelf. My kids wouldn't know the difference and I have to burn hers till you need a hacksaw to cut it. So I wont shell out the extra cash if they cant tell the difference anyway.
stevenr
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11 07 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccok her round steak from now on.......
FairWeatherSmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11 07 9:47 am    Post subject: Been there, done that Reply with quote

And besides picking around the marbling, mine wants hers well done. Now that's a waste of good meat. I fix her a strip now. No fat & tough as a week old dog turd !!!!
GOON'S BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11 07 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook her an eye round for now on. When I cook steak my plate is perfectly clean and the wife's plate has all these leftover morsels all over the rim. Those are the fatty pieces aparrently. I didn't notice mine had fat because I don't give a damn.

Tipsy Pig BBQ and Brewery
mwells
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25 07 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, my wife is the same. I cooked some ribeyes, and she did the smae thing, cut around the "nasty" fat. She actually prefers sirloin. That;s fine, she gets the $4 steak and I have more to spend on mine. At least she still likes it cooked medium.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: