FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cooker temps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickerdave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 05 1:44 am    Post subject: cooker temps Reply with quote

I have been working on my BBQ skills for about two years now. I have a Brinkman Delux smoke king. I can't get it to maintain much over 195 - 200 degress for any period of time at all. Is it just not a good enough unit or is it just me??
Ol' Tex

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03 05 9:12 pm    Post subject: Brinkman Reply with quote

Lot of wind in Iowa. Put it in a sheltered corner. Check the thermometer and replace if necessary. You may have to resort to some kind of blanketing or insulation. Tex
garonafly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09 05 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a hotter burning wood, add some oak to the mix and stoke it with a small fan. This should increase your temp by at least 25 degrees.
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09 05 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not find a photo of the deluxe so here is two answers. Do all of the above and then try this permanent fix. Add 8-12 inches to your smoke stack or if it does not come with oneā€¦. install one. The draft of the pipe increases with length. The more draft, the higher the temp. You can use muffler pipe and get it bent at a shop for just a few bucks. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: